HomeServicesTeamClientProjectsNewsContact
back

Designed in 1864, by Cuthbert Brodrick, in a gothic style, the church is listed Grade II.  It is raised above a basement and the south front is approached up a steep flight of stone steps to a gabled porch with paired doors in a traceried pointed arches, with a rose window above.  To one side of the church is a small slim tower, with a louvred bell chamber terminating in a four sided stone spire.

Woodhall was commissioned to prepare a condition survey of the building to form part of a grant application to English Heritage/HLF under their joint grant scheme for churches and other places of worship.  The report highlighted that major repair work was required to the tower and spire, as the red sandstone columns and balls were severely eroded, the spire interior was infested with pigeons, a large proportion of the mortar joints in the spire stonework were open and the wrought iron cross was severely eroded. Following a grant award from English Heritage/HLF, we prepared a schedule of work for the repairs and inspected the work on site.

City Church Title
City Church

 

© 2011 Woodhall Planning and Conservation Ltd. All rights reserved.
Woodhall Logo
Architects and Planners
info@woodhall.co.uk